Side Case Racks

Inspired by CycleRob, this section is devoted to all flavors of the F800.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Boxer
Lifer
Posts: 3402
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:16 am
Donating Member #: 2
Location: Atmore, Alabama

Side Case Racks

Post by Boxer »

Hey, I found these at the Wunderlich site. They look like the Happy Trails case racks I bought for the GS.

http://www.wunderlich.de/frame.php?prodid=8600726

Any idea where I might locate a set in the US of A?
jb44
Double Lifer
Posts: 356
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:33 pm
Donating Member #: 1
Location: FL, GA, & NC

Re: Side Case Racks

Post by jb44 »

Hi Phil,

So.... which version of the F800 are you contemplating?

http://www.twistedthrottle.com has SWMotech racks for most BMW models.

Also:

http://f800depot.com/

jb
jb44
Double Lifer
Posts: 356
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:33 pm
Donating Member #: 1
Location: FL, GA, & NC

Re: Side Case Racks

Post by jb44 »

jb44 wrote:Hi Phil,

So.... which version of the F800 are you contemplating?...
Nevermind...found your answer in another thread.

jb
User avatar
Boxer
Lifer
Posts: 3402
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:16 am
Donating Member #: 2
Location: Atmore, Alabama

Re: Side Case Racks

Post by Boxer »

Well, unlike Rob I am not totally averse to the idea of having a chain drive. With a proper chain oiler it would not be near as much bother as that F650 was on the way to Wyoming. However, the GS version just seems awful high for me, kind of defeating the one purpose of getting a lighter bike. So I keep coming back to the ST and by all accounts it is the sort of all-purpose bike I need for the type riding I do.

My one nagging dilemma is whether I want to go deeper into debt right now, and just stop riding long distances for a while, keeping the R1150R for local, within towing distance, rides only.
User avatar
sweatmark
Septuple Lifer
Posts: 2236
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:11 am
Donating Member #: 208
Location: Oregon USA

Re: Side Case Racks

Post by sweatmark »

"within towing distance"

That's a sad testimony to our R1150R saga: lost faith in reliability.

FWIW, we're considering trading in Mrs. Sweatmark's Roadster for an F800S.
OU812
Lifer
Posts: 2788
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:15 pm
Donating Member #: 0
Location: Buffalo Grove IL Chi Town Sub.

Re: Side Case Racks

Post by OU812 »

So much defection going on around here. :badgrin:
RIDE TOO PRETEND, PRETEND TOO RIDE. :)
89 Oldwing, 07 WR250R, 14 KX250F
Post Reply