Hey, I found these at the Wunderlich site. They look like the Happy Trails case racks I bought for the GS.
http://www.wunderlich.de/frame.php?prodid=8600726
Any idea where I might locate a set in the US of A?
Side Case Racks
Moderator: Moderators
Re: Side Case Racks
Hi Phil,
So.... which version of the F800 are you contemplating?
http://www.twistedthrottle.com has SWMotech racks for most BMW models.
Also:
http://f800depot.com/
jb
So.... which version of the F800 are you contemplating?
http://www.twistedthrottle.com has SWMotech racks for most BMW models.
Also:
http://f800depot.com/
jb
Re: Side Case Racks
Nevermind...found your answer in another thread.jb44 wrote:Hi Phil,
So.... which version of the F800 are you contemplating?...
jb
Re: Side Case Racks
Well, unlike Rob I am not totally averse to the idea of having a chain drive. With a proper chain oiler it would not be near as much bother as that F650 was on the way to Wyoming. However, the GS version just seems awful high for me, kind of defeating the one purpose of getting a lighter bike. So I keep coming back to the ST and by all accounts it is the sort of all-purpose bike I need for the type riding I do.
My one nagging dilemma is whether I want to go deeper into debt right now, and just stop riding long distances for a while, keeping the R1150R for local, within towing distance, rides only.
My one nagging dilemma is whether I want to go deeper into debt right now, and just stop riding long distances for a while, keeping the R1150R for local, within towing distance, rides only.
Re: Side Case Racks
"within towing distance"
That's a sad testimony to our R1150R saga: lost faith in reliability.
FWIW, we're considering trading in Mrs. Sweatmark's Roadster for an F800S.
That's a sad testimony to our R1150R saga: lost faith in reliability.
FWIW, we're considering trading in Mrs. Sweatmark's Roadster for an F800S.
Re: Side Case Racks
So much defection going on around here. 
RIDE TOO PRETEND, PRETEND TOO RIDE. 
89 Oldwing, 07 WR250R, 14 KX250F
89 Oldwing, 07 WR250R, 14 KX250F