Sad to say goodby

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
Doug T.
Basic User
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:24 am
Donating Member #: 0
Location: Pa

Sad to say goodby

Post by Doug T. »

Well friends, it's time to move on. I loved my bike but I just needed a little more for my style riding. I bought a new Buell xb12s lighting a couple days ago and I'm hooked. Anyone considering something else should DEFINITELY try one before buying something different. The fun factor is incredible. Anyway, I want to say thanks to everyone for all there help. This is a really great board loaded with great information, bikes and otherwise. So if you know anyone looking for a pristine, imperial metallic red, non abs, 6 speed overdrive trans, heated grip '04 r1150r with 6,800 miles send them my way. The pipes have been Jet Hot coated and look brand new and I will throw in the Twinmax synch tool along with feeler gauges, BMW filter wrench, 3 filters and a nice small custom rack that goes on the back for $7,000. Thanks again all and take care and ride safe!
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.
User avatar
chris
Basic User
Posts: 904
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:30 pm
Donating Member #: 0
Location: Yorkshire UK
Contact:

Post by chris »

Enjoy your new ride Doug! :lol: I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding a home for the R.
Chris

2011 G650GS
Photos
User avatar
R4R&R
Basic User
Posts: 1696
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:59 pm
Donating Member #: 293
Location: Springfield, VA

Post by R4R&R »

My next bike will probably be a Buell Lightning. I love those bikes (looks only - haven't ridden one). The fun factor HAS to be high on that bike.

Give us a report on the big differences between it and the R.
John
Member 293 (I think)
'17 Triumph Tiger 1200 XRX
MikeCam
Centurion Moderator!
Posts: 2216
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 8:05 pm
Donating Member #: 100
Location: Conway River, Virginia

Post by MikeCam »

Doug,

Guy on this board in Buy Sell trade looking for a non-ABS Roadster...maybe connect?
The Older I Get, The Less I Know.
Post Reply