Page 1 of 1

Clip-on Rockster

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:26 pm
by sinned
I found my clip-ons! :D

http://web.mac.com/drdelarosa/iWeb/Site ... kster.html

What do you think?

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:52 pm
by duke
IMHO that looks like a "rat" bike!!!

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:07 pm
by DJ Downunder
I've seen that bike before and I don't think they're clip-ons..(I may be wrong)

I can't remember what bar it is but I think something was done to reduce steering lock to avoid hitting the tank..that means three point U turns.. :D

DJ

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:11 pm
by sinned
I think your right, as I am starting to ask questions, I've been told they are from a smaller BMW and turned upside down. Still not certain. I do like that black look.

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:45 pm
by rock712
its the Bobster, from Bobs BMW in maryland....they are handlebars from an F650GS mounted upsidedown.....they are predrilled for heated grips....I'm debating getting them too....

Re: Clip-on Rockster

Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:15 pm
by PhillyScott
sinned wrote:I found my clip-ons! :D

http://web.mac.com/drdelarosa/iWeb/Site ... kster.html

What do you think?
Nice bike!

They're not clip-ons though. They are BMW F650ST bars turned upside down.

Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:36 pm
by PhillyScott
Image

Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:07 pm
by DJ Downunder
Great pic..ta...I don't like the barend mirrors...I'd love to see how close they are to the tank on full steering lock.

DJ

Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:20 pm
by Rockiesrider
Thanks for the close up!....I like the look of the bikeand the bars...and would love to get on it to see how the body position feels...

I'd need two rocksters though...my current original, and then one to go crazy customizing and experimenting with!

So many great ideas on this site!

KB

Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:04 pm
by thenewcamus
"That's Hot." *said in Paris Hilton voice*

Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:38 pm
by PhillyScott
Rockiesrider wrote:Thanks for the close up!....I like the look of the bikeand the bars...and would love to get on it to see how the body position feels...

I'd need two rocksters though...my current original, and then one to go crazy customizing and experimenting with!

So many great ideas on this site!

KB
You're very welcome!

I sat on the "Bobster" and I thought the seating position and bars were very comfortable. Not that the stock Rockster bars are that uncomfortable, but I think I'll be putting those "Bobster" bars on my bike.