Page 1 of 1

K mirrors?

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:57 pm
by AL
I would like to know if anyone has mounted the the mirrors from the K1200r(the matte black ones-not the chrome and black ones) on the RR. I had gone to the dealer and he dosen't think they will fit. I have read some of the past posts here and i thought that with the adapters(part #51162328422) that they would fit. Thanks for any input here.

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:24 pm
by toner87
Edit:
You were talking about the new k1200r, not the k1200rs... I know nothing about that mod.
T.

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:27 am
by beemer-biker
Another good option is to browse ebay or check out IBMWR used parts section. I got mine from there, with the minor mod already done. Just a simple put it on and tighten down the screw. Not only saved time, but, more importantly, money! :smt041
They not only look better, they actually are useful. The image in them is larger, or at least wider.

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:35 am
by Paul Mihalka
I'm afraid we have a bit of confusion going on. The first post talks about K1200R mirrors, which are of oval shape with a single post. The rest of posts talk about the K1200RS mirrors, which are the ones in the Rockster picture. By the way, I have the K1200RS mirrors on my R1150R without modifying the plastic base. I can set the fast idle lever on first click, but not all the way up against the spring. Good enough for me.

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:30 pm
by wncbmw
I have the KRS mirrors but someone has done the other ones also. There were some pictures not too long ago.

Re: K mirrors?

Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:06 pm
by b16asi
Al, did you try installing the mirrors or find some info. regarding the installation? Just curious, as I want to install these mirrors on my Rockster.
AL wrote:I would like to know if anyone has mounted the the mirrors from the K1200r(the matte black ones-not the chrome and black ones) on the RR. I had gone to the dealer and he dosen't think they will fit. I have read some of the past posts here and i thought that with the adapters(part #51162328422) that they would fit. Thanks for any input here.

Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:19 pm
by AL
I went ahead and ordered the bushings for the cruiser mirrors(the oval chrome ones)from the dealer and when they come in I'll have them pull a K1200R mirrors and see if they fit the adapters. The dealer said he didn't know if they would fit, but for the couple of buck the bushing cost ,I though I'd give it a try. Plus the parts guy has a roadster and I think he would like the mirrors for his bike also if they fit. Parts due in late next week,so i'll let you know.

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:30 am
by b16asi
That's great! I hope everything goes well. The K mirrors would be a great addition to a great bike.

K-mirrors: excellent

Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:17 am
by Parkblu
Al,

I found mine used (the oval black plastic, single "split" stem) and love them. Much better field of vision, and curiously enough, somewhat less vibration. I did have to dremel the left stem a bit though.

Recommended accessory!

Cheers,
-tobias.