Clutch spline destruction

This section is dedicated to the new Rockster version of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

Hyja1
Lifer

Re: Clutch spline destruction

Post by Hyja1 »

Congratulations! That, for me, is a complex job. It must feel rewarding to have accomplished the rebuild and being on the road again. Enjoy!
Holland Ja, San Francisco
‘02 R1150R black
jesus80
Basic User

Post by jesus80 »

fastfil2004 wrote:After much searching I found that the bmw input shaft is back ordered indefinitely from bmw. There is a guy in British Columbia who makes improvd replacement shafts - he thinks they are worth $1250 and is soliciting orders. Sorry but that is just not acceptable to me.

After much research and searching I found a machinist in the fatherland called "michino" on ebay who also produces an improved shaft with longer splines and improved hardness ratings.
His price was a less mind boggling $490 shipped so that is the way I decided to go.

It arrived today and looks very well made. Next step is to strip the transmission so wish me luck.

Phil
Ontario
Hi, I might need an input shaft too... could you send me the seller's contact info by PM? thanks!
fastfil2004
Basic User

Post by fastfil2004 »

If you go to previous page i quoted all the (german) details from the ebay listing. At present it does not look like there is a current listing for the shaft.

There should however be enough info there to track the guy down, possibly on the german ebay site and see when his next batch may be due.

Hope this is of use and if i can help further let me know

Phil