Page 1 of 1
uh oh, cracked fuel hose
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:29 pm
by mclarenracer02
I have a 2004 R1150R, silver. Well, anyways I was washing my bike this weekend and after riding around a little bit I noticed a strong smell of gasoline. As soon as I got home I checked and found a small hole in the left side fuel line (hard plastic hose) that feeds the fuel injector. I took the bike to a shop this morning and ordered the hose $75, and they said it would be about 4hrs labor ($92hr). I am thinking that I could do it in my garage and save they money but I want to see if anyone has encountered this issue before I jump in to deep. I have about a week before I get the part in so technically I could start working on it now, get the gas tank off and take off whatever I needed- then as soon as I get the part in, install it. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Re: uh oh, cracked fuel hose
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:09 pm
by kirby
1320
Re: uh oh, cracked fuel hose
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:03 pm
by mclarenracer02
That is what the mechanic said too. I'm pretty confident but if something goes wrong during that process..I'm kinda screwed.... I might just suck it up, take the hit and let them do it...
Re: uh oh, cracked fuel hose
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:14 pm
by kirby
3472
Re: uh oh, cracked fuel hose
Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:31 am
by sweatmark
mclarenracer02 wrote:I have a 2004 R1150R, silver. Well, anyways I was washing my bike this weekend and after riding around a little bit I noticed a strong smell of gasoline. As soon as I got home I checked and found a small hole in the left side fuel line (hard plastic hose) that feeds the fuel injector. I took the bike to a shop this morning and ordered the hose $75, and they said it would be about 4hrs labor ($92hr). I am thinking that I could do it in my garage and save they money but I want to see if anyone has encountered this issue before I jump in to deep. I have about a week before I get the part in so technically I could start working on it now, get the gas tank off and take off whatever I needed- then as soon as I get the part in, install it. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Read this thread in ADV:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=733502
Re: uh oh, cracked fuel hose
Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:57 pm
by spoon
thread no open..
Re: uh oh, cracked fuel hose
Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:15 pm
by mclarenracer02
Thanks everyone for the advice and input. The part came in today and I will be taking it to the shop tomorrow morning. I checked out the link that was posted; it was right on with what was broken etc.
Re: uh oh, cracked fuel hose
Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:31 am
by Boxer
That's a wise move. I broke that line by accident on my RR a few years ago and I already had most everything off the bike for a clutch slave and maint. work I was doing. I got it, and the fuel pressure regulator, removed and new lines installed, but it was NOT easy.