Page 1 of 1

Engine stalls & throttle body adjustment questions

Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:32 am
by ciga
I own 04 R1150R 15k miles. I just recently bought, which I really enjoy, except couple things:
1.Every once in a while engine would stall. It does not happen very often - couple/few times a week. It usually happens when the engine is hot. On a traffic light for example. or when I try to accelerate from a full stop. Right after engine dies I usually am able to restart it right away or from second/third attempt. It kind of feels like it is out of fuel(tank full) I does not look like the problem is with any wiring, battery-alternator are good.

2.When I was adjusting my throttle bodies I noticed that I cannot adjust idle using BBAS screws. As far as I know the idle should be around 1100 +-50. When I try to unscrew Big Brass Screws simultaneously, idle does not get higher than approx 1000 rpm, no matter how many revolutions I unscrew. Is that normal ?



I would really appreciate any input from you guys!

Re: Engine stalls & throttle body adjustment questions

Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:37 am
by kirby
3474

Re: Engine stalls & throttle body adjustment questions

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:01 pm
by monstrous
Check the throttle cable junction box, sounds like your throttle may not be picking up correctly which will cause that condition, then sync with a good tool.

Re: Engine stalls & throttle body adjustment questions

Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:39 pm
by bakrmyounis
Hi Guys,

Just got a 2002 R1150R with 10K miles on it. My bike has been having the same symptoms, stalls when accelerating from 1st to second when RPM is higher than 2500, if I ease the throttle and slowly release the clutch its fine, it hesitates some but I get it going. weather was warm, stop and go traffic and I had just changed the oil (20W50) and filter.

I checked all connections to the TPS, and they are all intact, I didnt lose the battery since the guy I bought the bike from put it on a tenderizer.

I am planning a TPS reset and confirm symptoms. I am wondering if this is a known issue with these bikes and/or what should I be looking into next if TPS reset doesnt solve my problems.

I am new to BMW but so far I really like it.