Page 1 of 1
A little tank protection
Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:25 am
by harveyrawn
I have a small tank bag that has a nylon strap running from the rear of the bag to under the seat. I want to protect the tank's paint beneath the strap, an area about 2" wide and 7" long.
Any suggestions about finding a small protector for that area?
Re: A little tank protection
Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:36 pm
by Sunbeemer
I use a narrow tank protector to prevent my jacket's zipper from scratching the back of the tank. Something like:
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/ ... k-Pad.aspx
It might work for your strap.
Re: A little tank protection
Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:32 pm
by harveyrawn
That's the kind of thing I'm looking for - thanks.
Re: A little tank protection
Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:24 am
by ednap
I found an alternative method was to cut up the stick-on clear plastic film used for car headlight protectors. Bought a pair to suit large rectangle style car lights from my local auto shop and then cut to shape to match the front section of my tank. Actually as I have an RT it is the painted plastic that covers my tank but the same sort of think. The plastic film is a few mm thick and does a terrifc job without being obvious to the eye.
If you look closely you can see it infront of the seat.
Ed
Re: A little tank protection
Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:55 am
by harveyrawn
ednap wrote:I found an alternative method was to cut up the stick-on clear plastic film used for car headlight protectors. Bought a pair to suit large rectangle style car lights from my local auto shop and then cut to shape to match the front section of my tank. Actually as I have an RT it is the painted plastic that covers my tank but the same sort of think. The plastic film is a few mm thick and does a terrifc job without being obvious to the eye.
If you look closely you can see it infront of the seat.
Ed
That's a good solution - it's nearly invisible.
I'm going to try a little pad I found that comes with the Cortech Mini tank bag that I've ordered for $9.99.
If it fits with my bag on my black tank, it should do the trick for me.