Page 1 of 1
It Has Arrived!!!
Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:01 pm
by Boxer
Got the call today. They already un-crated it. I guess I was supposed tell them if I wanted them to wait for me. I'm going tomorrow afternoon to switch bikes, etc. Its gonna be kinda odd...You know, the history me and the Dominatrix have together. I don't know if I can stand it, losing two loves in one month. But the world continues revolve no matter, right?
I can't wait to begin the process of adding stuff and doing the "Cyclerob" wiring projects. Rob I may be calling you for assistance in the next week or so.
Pics soon.
Re: It Has Arrived!!!
Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:36 pm
by sweatmark
Boxer,
Congratulations, looking forwayd to photos and comparing accessory installation notes.
First fiddling for me with Mrs. Sweatmark's F800S starts this weekend!
Re: It Has Arrived!!!
Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:43 pm
by bobw
Congrats! Keep in mind she doesn't exist without photos.
Cheers
Re: It Has Arrived!!!
Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:14 pm
by Boxer
I brought it home today...This afternoon.
First ride impressions! WOW! Absolutely a fun machine to ride! Its just the right height for me. The clutch seemed to wait to grab at the last few centimeters of grip play, and that took a few minutes get used to coming off the Roadster. It was 86 degrees out and the sun was on my back so the heat influenced the ride somewhat since I failed to take my summer jacket along, but that sound of the radiator fan coming on was music to my ears!
The bike fell into the corners with those new Bridgestone Battle Wings like it was made to lean. Nice! Shifting was like ...smoother than I have ever felt on a bike. That was some difference over the RR also.
On-board computer! What can I say? Nifty coolicious! I love it.
One negative point. The darn seat is like a block of wood! I guess I will either get used to it or get a custom seat somewhere. I tend to think the latter will be my choice.
Pictures later.
Re: It Has Arrived!!!
Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:51 am
by Buckster
Congrats on the new ride! I thought the same thing about the seat after a half hour. Very comfy ergos though!!
Re: It Has Arrived!!!
Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:08 am
by Boxer
I'm back in the 'Chain Gang'....Note the tee shirt. :-)

Re: It Has Arrived!!!
Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:19 am
by GypsyRR
Congratulations!
The bike looks great, Phil. I'm anxious to read your first ride report with photos.
Thanks for the new word too: "cooliscious". haha
Re: It Has Arrived!!!
Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:57 pm
by iowabeakster
Excellent!
I was at the dealer picking up a new spark plug gaskets today...they had two F650GS's in stock (red and blue). It was the first time I saw the bike in person. I liked the bike, although a bit suprised at the price! (I think BMW is definitely pricing themselves out of my future)
The red and blue were
Your bike is sexylicious

.
Re: It Has Arrived!!!
Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:09 am
by OU812
Sweet Phil!
Now get out and ride.....

Re: It Has Arrived!!!
Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:58 am
by Boxer
Here she sits, all farkled out with 475 miles so far. Still breaking her in.
I rode over to Rob's on Friday afternoon and he found my light switch problem immediately. Now the switch works and the bags are on. I'm trying to decide where to go first...:-)
Re: It Has Arrived!!!
Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:49 pm
by sweatmark
Boxer,
Looks like a million bucks, and ready to take on moto adventures!
Which bag/mount system did you choose?
Gotta love these F-bikes.