Page 1 of 1

Would this fit our R1200Rs?

Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:24 pm
by LeonardoNYC
After reading about the ztechnik screen I am thinking of going givi and this seems to have potential. http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/pr ... w/729/291/

It's supposed to fit unfaired bikes with tubular handlebars. I put a call into Twisted Throttle but had to leave a message. Is there any reason why this might NOT fit an R12R? Though it's certainly not very tall I am thinking tha upward lip may give some decent protection.
Image

Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:47 pm
by Caroanbill
That's quite a good looking screen / fairing - I'd almost consider it. The other small farings I've seen so far just don't suit my aesthetic, or (IMHO) the bike's.

I'm a bit wedded to the "stock" look, so I'm sticking with the Cee Bailey screen because it mounts to the OEM touring screen bracket and has similar lines. Also, given how BMW tend to over-engineer (for litigation-happy countries?), I'm thinking the braket will cope well enough with the extra load. Not impressed my thinman's Z-technik experience.

If I were going for a faring or fairing-lookalike, I'd lijke to see a BMW option to ditch the round light and fit something like the K1200R Sport concept - contemporary style, frame-mounted, good lighting, and won't date too quickly.

Some of the fairings on the market (eg wunderlich trophy, etc) look like they haven't changed since the 1980s - the R12R echoes a classic style, but it is still contemporary enough that the slavish 'old' style clashes ... IMHO.

This Givi isn't for me, but I think it is visually more sympathetic than most.

Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:39 am
by celticus
It looks good to me. Try it and let us know , show us pictures.
Mark

Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:18 am
by Mr. Average
I like that. PLease keep us posted on what you find out about the fit. Thanks.

Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:42 am
by israel
I had the sport screen that came with my bike.
It was too noisy and buffeted my helmet.
Trimmed a couple inches of it and that did not help.
Please do post a review, I think it comes back enough to
deflect some air with out sending it mid helmet.
Saludos