Sorry for duplicating iowabeakster's idea. I didn't see his post before I posted -- "great minds think alike!"
DJ, the cruiser mirrors look great on your RR! They appear to be a little convex, like our right-side car mirrors here (left-side mirrors there?). Are "objects closer than they appear" in the mirrors?
I solved the limited horizontal field of view in my stock mirrors by sticking small, rotatable, convex mirrors on the inside edges of them. They were called "Baby Minders" at the Advance Autoparts store, and are supposed to allow moms to keep an eye on kids in the rear seats. You can turn them and aim them, which is nice sometimes to switch from either seeing cars in my "blind spots" or turn them to watch my passenger
DJ, the cruiser mirrors look great on your RR! They appear to be a little convex, like our right-side car mirrors here (left-side mirrors there?). Are "objects closer than they appear" in the mirrors?
Thanks Rich...I'm pretty sure they are flat...the ones here are...all cars and bikes here are not allowed to have convex mirrors..they're against the law down under...but I often see imported cars and bikes with them..Because mine are from the UK I'm not sure about the laws there.
Lots of cars and bikes here have those stick on 'fish-eyes' small convex mirrors..they're a great idea for seeing more but I tend to do the head-check anyway just to be sure.
Those BMW Cruiser mirrors are not that expencive..I think they are about the same price as the standard 'Micky Mouse' mirors..I've noticed that the new K1200R mirrors look like the same mirror..but are all black..I wonder if they fit?..they should.
Although the Cruiser mirrors fit straight on our bike there is a small adapter tube thingie that is needed also..the dealer should know..it's a short black tube about an inch long that fits over the tread..I'll take a pic.
Someone else here might know what it is and have part numbers just in case the dealer doesn't know...I'm not sure if the mirrors come with them or they are ordered separate.
quote]Lots of cars and bikes here have those stick on 'fish-eyes' small convex mirrors..they're a great idea for seeing more but I tend to do the head-check anyway just to be sure.[/quote]
Me too, DJ! You never know for sure, do you? I like them mostly to keep tabs on those drivers who are slowly pulling up beside me while they're gawking at the bike!
Hi guy's, this is interesting stuff, my mirrors have always vibed at speed above 60ish in 6th.
I like the idea of adding some weight, (and sort of follow the logic!) but as an experiment, obtain some stick on wheel weights from any tyre shop, they are segmented in 5g elements, and without drilling holes in things would first prove the theory, and secondly establish how much weight is needed.
I'm going into my local tyre shop tomorrow and getting me some wheel balance weights.
Those mirrors are gorgeous. I would love to have a set of them but I fear they will be megabucks. The K-series mirrors on my bike seem to work pretty well and are as clear as you could wish for. They also give a wider view like the cruisers. However you do have to do some knifework on the area near the choke to fit them. The cruisers solution looks much smarter.