IABS bleed on 2005 RT question

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

towerworker
Lifer
Donating Member #: 575

IABS bleed on 2005 RT question

Post by towerworker »

I'm preparing to bleed the ABS system on my Rt. And while I've done this before on my previous R1150R ('04) the procedure is fairly straightforward. But I do remember reading a thread somewhere (with pics) of a fella that pointed out some small filter screens within the pump that should be pulled and rinsed with clean fluid. But I'll be darned if I can find that thread anywhere. Have any of you seen that or know the link to it?
The Older I Get, The Less I know. (in honor of MikeCam
'05 RT
'04 R
'03 R
CB750
KZ750
HD 350 Sprint
riceburner
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Re: IABS bleed on 2005 RT question

Post by riceburner »

Nope, you know I abhor the iABS..... ;)
Non quod, sed quomodo.

A Rockster Life
towerworker
Lifer
Donating Member #: 575

Re: IABS bleed on 2005 RT question

Post by towerworker »

An update......I finished the brake line swap and ABS bleed. I'm a bit slow as concentration is not what it once was. It's been cold and snowy here so I haven't pushed too hard. It went fine, no problems whatsoever installing the new Spiegler lines. I fought with one line for a bit as it seemed the angle of one banjo wasn't right. I finally got frustrated and called Spiegler. The fella who answered the phone (wish I could remember his name!) was incredibly friendly and helpful. He had me look on the back of the packaging and asked me if I had the two plastic blocks along with the white plastic rod. (I had wondered what they were for---Wayne.....read the instructions dummy) Problem solved. The pieces allow you to index the position of the banjo to allow it to fit properly. Anyway their customer service is great. I have many other things to do to the RT while the fairing is off so no test riding it yet. Once I get the valves, TB's etc done I'll put the tank and seat on it, take it out for a short spin and let the iABS system go thru it's self test routine. If all is good(fingers crossed) I'll reattach the fairings and call it done. Then take a good relaxing ride.
The Older I Get, The Less I know. (in honor of MikeCam
'05 RT
'04 R
'03 R
CB750
KZ750
HD 350 Sprint