generator light

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

RadicalR1150R
Lifer
Donating Member #: 960

generator light

Post by RadicalR1150R »

Hello All. 2004 R1150R. The last couple times I've rode last season, & then when I rolled it out today for the first start of the year, the generator light is on, rpm's don't turn it off. Not always last season though, sometimes. New battery within 2 years & new belt not too long ago. Any Ideas?
Thanks Steve.
riceburner
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Re: generator light

Post by riceburner »

Sadly, not in my experience set - I've been relatively lucky with the electrics on my bikes!
Non quod, sed quomodo.

A Rockster Life
RadicalR1150R
Lifer
Donating Member #: 960

Post by RadicalR1150R »

Well thanks @riceburner, anyway I was wrong in saying it was the gen light, it actually is the servo brake warning light, & yes I too have been blessed with only a battery cable cleaning needed in the 10 years of R1150R ownership.
And it's so nice to see this site back in action? I've been trying to get here for several days now.
sweatmark
Septuple Lifer
Donating Member #: 208

Post by sweatmark »

Did battery charging via ride or VDC source fix your iABS warning? There's a minimum voltage measurement in the iABS computer's status check.
You can also get faults from the circuit checks at front/rear brake switch circuits.
Additionally, you can get faults from the circuit checks on brake & tail lamp - same bulb, 2 filaments.
Rockster#2, K1300S, S1000R (for sale)
towerworker
Lifer
Donating Member #: 575

Post by towerworker »

I hope one of the above suggestions is the culprit. I too had a 2004 R w/iABS. Ultimately had to remove the pump.

Wayne
The Older I Get, The Less I know. (in honor of MikeCam
'05 RT
'04 R
'03 R
CB750
KZ750
HD 350 Sprint